Looking for a Way to Help Out?
You can make a difference even if you can't volunteer regularly. Our program needs help with many different committees and projects. There are several ways that our parents can participate:
Committees include the Gala Committee, Events Committee, Moms/Dads/Caretakers of MIP Committees, MIP Student Ambassadors, Grant Writing Committee and more. Sign-up to help any time during the year!
Do you have any experience with Grant Writing? Are you a Graphic Designer or a CPA? Do you have local PR Contacts? FoMIP is always looking for help from parents with varying areas of expertise.
Veteran parents become resource for new parents to answer questions about the program.
Friends of MIP Executive Board
Join the FoMIP Executive Board to help make decisions on our our program. The nominations and election process take place in Spring for the next the school year. All parents are welcome to attend all monthly meetings.
Friends of MIP Board Committees
We are looking for volunteers to assist the with the many functions and activities carried out by the Friends of MIP:
- Moms / Dads / Caretakers of MIP Committees - Help coordinate and promote periodic optional Moms / Dads / Caretakers of MIP activities.
- Ambassador Program Committee Work with Outreach Director to help coordinate the Mentor Program, teaming up new families with established families in the program.
- Events Committee - Help coordinate and promote the Fall and Spring Friend of MIP social events as well as any other events during the year.
- Gala Committee - Work with Vice President to solicit donations for our Annual Gala and plan the biggest fundraising event of the year!
- Annual Fund Drive Committee - Help coordinate and promote participation in the Annual Fund Drive for Friends of MIP.
- Spirit Wear Committee - Help coordinate inventory and selling opportunities of Spiritwear.
- Grants Committee - Help identify and solicit grants on behalf of the Friends of MIP.
- Auditor - Work with Treasurer and Controller to audit financial records.
- MIP Student Ambassadors - Work with the Outreach Director and MIP Student Ambassador Program Director to help run rehearsals and find outreach/performing opportunities in our greater community for our student ambassadors.