For students to be successful in the MIP program, there will need to be a partnership between the school and family.
Students should remain in the program at least through fifth grade in order to gain the full benefit of the program. Parents need to make this long-term commitment and are expected to be active participants in their child’s education at school and home.
It is every parent’s responsibility to...
- be involved in their child’s education;
- volunteer and be involved in our program and school;
- ask questions when answers are needed;
- raise issues with teachers and other appropriate individuals
when problems or questions first arise;
- become educated in the model of immersion education so
sound decisions for the program can be made; and
- support their children fully in the acquisition of both